Tuesday, October 14, 2008

seriously jaded

Ok so the longer I work in retail....the more I hate people. Pretty much all people. Isnt that sad?
It has created in me some very interesting pet peeves:

Please learn to speak english. I dont speak another language....so yelling at me in a language I dont understand dosent help you or me.

On that same note - why yell at me? I didnt create the policy's....I just get to keep my job by following them. Yelling at me just makes me hate my job, you, and all of humanity. Plus it ruins your day - unless you like yelling....

A manufactures warranty does NOT cover YOUR stupidity. Its not the manufactures fault that you dropped your cell phone in the toilet.

Listen. Im not just speaking to you because I like the sound of my own voice. I am trying to convey information to you. Please dont make me repeat myself ten times.

I work on commission. I am not here to walk you through every aspect of your phone - they come with a manual for a reason.

I cannot let you out of your two year contract. Even if you tell me that you will sue me. We have a multi-million dollar law team who works solely to ensure we do not break any laws.

If you come in and give me attitude I will be the most unhelpful person in the world. Be nice.

I dont care if you ARE married to the account holder. If your name isnt on the account I cant do anything for you. I mean who knows...you could be in the middle of a messy divorce and just want to mess with your husbands/wifes account.

No I cannot waive your activation fees, upgrade fees, phone fees, or anything else.

No you dont get a free car charger/case/earpiece just because youve been a customer since 1763 (which btw we have not been around that long....so dont tell me youve been a customer for 20+ yrs).

If you do not pay your bill we will shut off your service. period.

No comments: