Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Turkey Day

I know - Turkey day is usually in November....but today we had a wild turkey plop itself outside our store (he scared customers and we fed him french fries).








So I met K's mom and it went SHOCKINGLY well. I thought she was awesome and K said her mom liked me. Im glad for numerous reasons - one of which is its nice to see that K has a semi normal family member and its nice that shes getting close to her. I really hated it when she was talking to her sister and her nephew because (and she and I talked about this through part of the car ride home from the northshore) it was always about them. They expected her to drop everything she was doing to be with them and they expected her to wait on them hand and foot (which in my opinion is rediculous - my kid, especially if he loved her as much as her nephew said he did, would NEVER EVER let an adult wait on them like that - maybe I was just raised differently).

No comments: