Thursday, November 6, 2008

Yay Obama...Boo CA

Ok so first off....

YAY OBAMA!

I admit it. I was really really sick on Monday so I didnt vote. I left work early...went home...found out I was on the inactive list to vote...and fell into a dayquil stupor on my couch. I know. Im the scum of the earth for not voting....but everything worked out the way I wanted so I guess its ok in the end. Yay taxes, Boo greyhound racing, Yay pot! heh - kinda funny.

And what in the hell is CA thinking?! Come on...seriously? Did the gays just not leave the house to vote? Was it raining so the queens thought they would melt? what happened?!
I was talking to a gay co-worker and we were discussing CA...and he brought up a good point. If we are re-voting and taking things back....are we going to re-vote on slavery? What about on the right for women to vote? Hell....why dont we start from scratch and vote on EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE!
So the CA marriage issue scared me enough that I decided to sign up to volunteer at GLAD. I did it late last night so I havent heard anything yet...but I dont know how K will feel about this. We will see. Then again...everytime Ive signed up to volunteer with anything LGBT related...no one has ever gotten back to me.

Ive found in the past 2 years that the LGBT community is very shut off. Its almost impossible to get into the community unless you know someone and become close to them. In 2 years I still havent managed to find any gay friends.
Isnt that kinda sad?
maybe its just me.

No comments: