Sunday, February 3, 2008

Her addiction vs mine

Her addiction is drugs - crack/cocaine
My addiction is her


Which is worse? Im not really sure.


She wants help this time....but what can I do?
I need help this time....but what can I do?


K - why cant I walk away from her. Everytime I think I have I get sucked back in. Is this what being IN love is like?

So far since coming out last year Ive dated a woman who hit me (yes restraining order was involved...that was a fun trip into white-trash-ville), a woman who was kind but controlling and I wasnt attracted to her, and a drug addict. Is this what being gay is all about? because if so I think Ill go back to the safety of hetero-ville.

1 comment:

Mary Lewis-Pierce said...

Hey. Whether you should date men or women is something you have to decide for yourself. At that the risk of sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, I can tell you from experience that it won't make a difference. When you date abusive people, there is something happening inside of you that is compelling you to do so. And no, its not love. Have you thought about going to a few Al-Anon meetings? I know that is what helped me when I dated on drug addict after another. Which was so not fun, and a big waste of my life. It helped me heal myself so I could open my heart up to someone who was healthy.

Just a thought.