Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lianna


Ok so first off...this movie was made the same year I was born....actually the movie is older than I am by 3 months. Second off it was directed by a man - whats up with that?! Ill give you I was watching this movie at 2am on showtime but it really didnt hold my attention. The plot was awful - married woman having problems in her marriage with a man who cheats on her - woman finds college professor who hits on her and turns her gay - woman leaves husband and two children to move in with new lover (she didnt discuss that with her before she did it by the way) - new lover says no - finds out new lover has a partner someplace else and that new lover was looking for an affair with a married woman (didnt you know all lesbians are preditors looking to break up marriages and turn happily heterosexual women gay?). Yep awful. THEN at one point she went into a gay bar (in a college town I mind you) and let me list you off the unrealism that this guy directed into his film - 1. there were about 20 people there 2. there were no butchy women 3. not one mullet in sight and 4. all the woman were in their late 20's to early 30's. Yeeeah I may not have been born then but gay bars can not have changed that much in the last 25 yrs. Anywho - my vote is two thumbs down - not worth the time or brain cells to watch this movie...it was a bit interesting to see lesbians in the 80's portrayed by a man....but still not worth watching the movie.

No comments: